Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

The final weekend is here


and it's a teary-eyed time for me. I feel almost as sad as I did when we left Florida to move to Arizona. I didn't know it was possible for me to become so attached in such a short time. But Flagstaff feels like home to me. Whenever I drive up the hill, my heart is lifted and I feel buoyant and happy. The mountains welcome me, and all of the greenery makes me feel alive. This truly has been the best summer ever!
Now its time to look forward, instead of looking back. My memories are stored, to be brought out when I need a pick-me-up. It's up to me to find a way to make Phoenix bearable. I do have lots of work to keep me busy, and there is a festival on Grand Avenue September 26 that I will be participating in. Next week is First Friday at Marsiglia Gallery, and then I will be in Cleveland with my son visiting my mom and brother.
Bob knows how I am, so he has booked a weekend in Venice Beach for us, and there is an art show the same weekend. He knows how to cheer me up.
And the mountains aren't going anywhere. They will be here for the next trip, the next visit, the next summer. Just in time to renew spirit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment