Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rain!


It just finished raining. Who would have thought that would be cause for celebration, but it is. This "fish out of water" really looks forward to the rain now. It cleanses and cools, even here in Flagstaff.

Bob is on his way here, he says the heat in the valley is "Toasty". Personally, I think the thermostat down there is on "broil", which is why I am here. It will be good to have him here for the weekend, it's been almost a week since I've seen him.
I think today's lesson is gratitude. Gratitude for the chance to be in this place, and do what I do, gratitude to the people who made this possible, and to the universe for letting the stars align in the right formation.
I was up late last night creating. I was using beads I have had for awhile, and they finally spoke to me. I came up with some very interesting designs. I am sure it happened because I allowed myself to play and dream and be thankful for the time and energy to do it.
One of the goals I have set for the time I am here in Flagstaff this summer is to allow myself to experiment with my jewelry, and try new techniques. This is one of the necklaces I created last night. The focal "peace" in the necklace was created by KimmBerly Ioane and was purchased last weekend at the "Flagstaff Art in the Park" show. The complimentary lampwork beads along the side were made by me with sand from Sedona, Please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment